Sunday, January 4, 2009

Woe is Me

Apparently stress isn't good for writing. Go figure. Over the past month I've had more than my share. Two doctor's visits later I am determined to toss this stupid stress and get everything back on track. This week I started with my car situation and my writing. Both were in dire need (no I am not being dramatic) so I started making moves. I've created writing goals and joined a group that will kick my ass in gear if I start slacking. Yeah, I'm sure I'll need it too. *sigh*


 

The car thing was by far the most detrimental. My family is NOT meant to be a one car household. Nope, absolutely not! We need to have two cars at all times. Well we've been stuck with one car since sometime during the summer (it's been so long I can't even remember). There was a huge issue with The Man's transmission which seems impossible to fix. Seriously, if they can't get this issue resolved heads are going to roll and I can guarantee it's not going to be mine. For a short time we even thought the issue was fixed. We took the car back and all seemed well so then we took my old hunk of junk to get repaired. What was the quote? Let's try 4k+. Umm… how about hell no! So we took that car off the insurance and searched long and hard for a new one. In the mean time The Man's car went back to acting stupid and will not go above 35 MPH. For real? Where can I go but down a back road at 35 MPH. After the angry looks from all those drivers I couldn't take it anymore. We went this weekend to do some car shopping. There was NO way I was coming home without something. I am now happy to say that I am the proud owner of a new (actually it's used but it's new to me) vehicle. Thank God! Now all we have to do is get The Man squared away and all will be great. Woohoo!!


 

Until next time.

1 comment:

Tara S Nichols said...

Oh I hope your woes are eased soon Lauren! I'll send good vibes!

-Tara

www.tarasnichols.com