Sunday, September 7, 2008

Shout Out to My Mother

Today my mom got me thinking about how we treat the ones that we care about and love. Sometimes when she is at church the minister (who is actually my godfather) has the congregation to call someone special and bestow on them a blessing or a prayer or just something positive to let them know that someone is thinking of them. As I spoke with her I realized that every time without fail she calls me. She tells me how much she loves me and supports me (we tend to fight a lot about my future but only because she cares *g*) and that she loves the rest of the family (the man, the boy and the teenager) and to let them know.


When she was speaking to me I couldn't help but feel blessed to have parents that love and care for me the way that they do (they have always been very involved parents but I try not to hold that against them lol) and so I told her so. She thought it was sweet and said that she felt blessed too. She finished with her blessing and said she loved me then got of the phone. I couldn't expect her to stay on the phone too long since she's sitting on the platform with the choir.

My mom treats everyone that she loves with this same care and compassion even when she doesn't receive it in return. I have learned a lot from her over the years and this is definitely one of the most important lessons. One day I hope that my children will feel this way about me, though at the moment I am ready to strangle my one year old since he is spitting on my arm. *Sigh*

Anyway, I said all that to say this, thanks mom. You rock! :D




Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't the gifts we get from our mothers extraordinary? Not to mention that they sneak up on us when we least expect them, but need them the most. Lauren, I am glad you have a mother you speak to regularly, that supports you and encourages you daily. It is important to remember.

And when mom is not available, I am just an IM or email away. Hugs!

Lauren Johnson said...

You're the sweetest of sweeties! I'm glad that my mother and I have such a good relationship too. I know that there are a lot of people out there who are not as fortunate.