Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is Writing Always So Hard?

I always seem to have some type of issue when it comes to writing, here are a few. I have a great idea in my head but then when I write it, it doesn't sound as great as I thought. I get to the end of the story and get completely stumped. I try and edit and no matter what I type it all reads like crap. I'll just stop the list there before I depress you even further. My point is that while I didn't expect writing to be supper easy I didn't expect it to be so difficult and complex.

On one hand the complexity is what makes it fun on the other hand the complexity is what makes it so difficult. Did I just confuse you? I hope not. Anyway I don't know how it's possible to enjoy the one thing that frustrates me to no end but apparently it is.

Non-writers seem to think that writing is cake. You sit down and write whatever comes to you and voila that's all there is. These people have obviously never stepped foot into the world of writing/publishing/editing. If they had they'd know better and stop saying such ridiculous things in ear shot of us writer folk who want to do them bodily harm for saying such blasphemous things.

However, through it all I have maintained my love for writing which tells me that I am right where I need to be. So with that in mind I think I'll head off to do some more work on my WIP. My characters have finally decided to clue me in on where this story needs to go so I need to get it out before they decided to clam up on me again.


Until next time.

2 comments:

said...

I haven't been writing lately, but I can understand. I will often write my characters into a corner and find it difficult to get them out of their jam.

Non-writers don't understand the difficulties. I was trying to have a conversation about billains this weekend with famiy and they just don't get how hard it is to get that psychotic killer just right.

Lauren Johnson said...

It's nice to know that someone feels my pain. Thanks for stopping by Missy! :)