Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Love of Writing/Reading

I’ve recently noticed that I love to write for a lot of the same reasons I love to read. I want the fantasy, with just a little realism tucked in. I like to get away, go somewhere far and wonderful without having to leave the warm comfort of my home. Learning about the worlds that others have created or even better yet, being the one to create the worlds takes me to another level, another place.

Reading and writing both allow me to escape from the pressures of every day life. I like romance because I know the escape is going to be a good feeling one (I love happy endings!) This is what I’m looking for when I’m reading or writing, something to make me feel good, even warm and fuzzy. Sure not all romance or fiction is warm and fuzzy but for me it’s a big fat bonus when it is. I can deal with the harsh realities of life when I come crashing back down to earth but in my fantasies I want to be swept away on a cloud of feel good.

What do you like about reading or writing?

No comments: