Sunday, August 17, 2008

So I Seem to be at a Standstill

I am having a heck of a time trying to edit this WIP. The weird part is that I really love this WIP and I really love editing it, but something is holding me back. Every time I sit to work on it I just can't do it. I can't even make myself click the icon to open the file. Oh God, what is wrong with me!


There are so many ideas floating around my head for this story. I can see it all playing out the way I want it to. I wrote this story In January and my writing has grown so much since then. As I edit I find myself saying a whole lot of, "God what was I thinking when I wrote this." But the great thing about this is I actually realize what needs to be fixed and I actually know how to do it!

Now if I could just get my butt in gear and move this thing along I could sub it. *sigh*
Well I've gone on long enough about this topic I'm going to try and edit. *wink*

Until next time.

6 comments:

Bethanne said...

Verra nice. It looks lovely.

Lauren Johnson said...

Thanks love. *smooch*

Jolie said...

LOL "What was I thinking..." Heck, I think that ALL the time. :) You are too cute.

Lauren Johnson said...

Jolie I'm going to be forced to blush if you keep calling me cute. *blush*

And yes that particular phrase is constantly on my mind.

Anonymous said...

You know, I never liked REM, but the words to "Stand" come to mind. I wonder if it's okay to "stand in the place that you are..." and just kinda look around sometimes. How else do you get the flour for your baking, the spices for your creation, you know? By observing. Permission to be stuck--I'll give you some if you give me some ;o)

Lauren Johnson said...

Ciar you totally have my permission. Let's sit here together and eat chocolate. ;)