Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sweet Potato Pie

I love to cook and my mind has been particularly focused on food with the holidays coming. So in the spirit of the time of year I'd like to share my cousin's recipe for sweet potato pie. It is completely scrumptious and worth the effort. Enjoy!


SWEET POTATO PIE

4lbs Sweet Potatoes
1 Cup Each White and Brown Sugar
1 Can of Canned Milk (Milnot if you can find it)
4 Large Eggs
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 Stick of Butter
2 Packages of Pie Crust (I Use Graham cracker Crust)

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees. Peel and boil sweet potatoes until tender enough to break with a fork. Mash and add butter, both sugars and canned milk. Add eggs last to ensure that mixture is cooled by the milk or your eggs may start to cook. With a hand mixture, beat until smooth try to get any stringy bits out. After all large chunks are out, add vanilla and cinnamon and mix in with a spoon. Bake until center is firm and spots appear on the top.

No comments: