Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Is Chivalry Dead?

I think not.

Where is this coming from, you ask? I work around a lot of women on a daily basis. I hear negative things being said about men all the time and I even hear negative jokes. Some jokes are funny (and may have some truth behind them) while others are merely tasteless. If a woman dogs out a woman he’s just supposed to man up and take it, but let a man say something about a woman. He’s wrong, he’s a jerk or he’s just no damn good. While men have been known to say some things that were just way out of line, so have women.


The way a lot of women talk about men, people wouldn’t think there was a good guy left in this world. Contrary to popular belief, however, I have been noticing nice men everywhere I go. Nine times out of ten if I am going through a doorway and there is a man in the vicinity I won’t even get a chance to touch the door let alone open it. Most of them even smile while they do it. I have guy friends who have never let me pay for a meal, pull out my own chair, walk on the portion of sidewalk closest to the street, or go through a doorway after them.

Yes, there are gentlemen out there and I want to take this moment to solute them. There are many of them out there and they sure as hell don’t get enough credit as far as I’m concerned. *smooches to all*

No comments: