Thursday, December 4, 2008

Movies

I love movies but I never get to the "show" (that's what we called it when I lived in Chicago) to see them. I always end up having to catch them when they come to DVD. Sure, I would love to sit there in a large theater, eat overly buttery popcorn and see my movie in surround sound but most of the time I can't.

When I was in high school it cost us $7.50 unless you got the matinee which was $4.00 or went to the dollar show. Now it costs like ten bucks and then you have to pay an arm and a leg for treats. Heaven forbid you want a hotdog. I won't even go there.

Sorry I think I may have gotten off topic. My point was, though I love movies I hardly ever get to see them in the theater... because I am cheap.
Who goes to the movies regularly? Let's see a show of hands.


Until next time.

No comments: